Special Care for U.S. Armed Services Veterans
Veterans hold a special place in our hearts. It is our honor to serve the Veteran families of Port St. Lucie, Fort Pierce and the surrounding communities in St Lucie, Martin and Indian River counties along the Treasure Coast.
Anyone who has ever been in the military knows that it's not over until the paperwork is done. This paperwork can be overwhelming, the eligibility criteria confusing, and it's simply one more thing not needed at the time of a death.
At Yates Funeral Home and Crematory we understand and will work diligently with the family members of Veterans to complete the applicable benefit claim forms a Veteran may be eligible for based on the current regulations in place at the time of death.
Examples of some the benefits a Veteran may be eligible for that we can assist the surviving family members with are:
- Burial Allowances
- Travel Allowances
- VA National Cemetery eligibility and scheduling
- Arlington National Cemetery eligibility and scheduling
- Military Honors coordination and scheduling
- Acquisition and presentation of a U.S. Interment Flag
- Burial at Sea
If you have questions or need additional assistance in determining your or your loved one's eligibility for Veterans' death benefits or National Cemetery criteria, please call and speak with one of our dedicated staff representatives or Contact Us for an Appointment to discuss all your family's options.
Visit the Veterans' Administration National Cemetery Administration for complete benefit information regarding Burials and Memorials.
For more information or questions, please contact us or call. We have two convenient locations to serve you.
- Port St. Lucie, 7951 South U.S. Highway 1, Phone: (772) 878-2300
- Fort Pierce, 1101 South U.S. Highway 1, Phone: (772) 461-7000
- Toll Free (For either location): (800) 762-9095